Monday, July 21, 2014

The Upside to Moving




There are many upsides to the new place, but something that meshes with my previous post and encapsulates the change in my personal attitude is that I'm now far more comfortable about hosting games and even having a mini-asl event as the Cleavinator does over the New Year's break. Being able to prepare decent food ahead of time will make it far more of a pleasdant event than having to traipse out to buy food etc.

There are at least 4 ASlers up on the Central Coast, three of whom are currently active (counting myself that is) and I'm sure I can inveigle The Cleavinator up this way if I offer scotch or beer during summer. Definitely a late summer/early autumn or late spring/early summer timeframe. Plus if Neil of NeilBabble is available, I might shanghai him to fill out the ASL quartet and leave me free to act as Mein Host. Which also means I will not be alone in caffeine addiction.

Having enough room to play games in a convivial environment, and sufficient wall space to access all my books and games simply and easily is going to make a huge difference.

Speaking of coffee, I am splurging on a new machine...influenced by Mark Humphries, an ASL aficionado I met for the first time at Malaya Madness:






No comments:

Post a Comment