Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ASLOK: 3 Days to go...

Winter is certainly over and Spring is getting to be quite warm here - 25 deg Celsius today.

By this time on Friday, I should be arriving at Sydney Airport to get all the pre-flight stuff out of the way.

The Minis lists are out now and I see that there're a few of us from Down Under planning on multiple PTO entries. I'ev already spent a few hours sorting out which are my preferred scenario picks, a combination of owning the scenario and being able to at least provide the boards, overlays and Japanese or Chinese counters or both when required.

Went out and bought a couple of Plano 3500s for my system counters and two 3600s to redo the Chinese and Japanese - got them home and only one out of 4 had any dividers! Aaargh!

On a good note I've got some colour photocopies of the Red Barricades map sections I need to create custom mapsheets for the various RB mini-scenarios. Just have to print out the RB7 winterized map section for my Monday game versus Chas A.

The hardest part is trying to scale down how much ASL gear I'm bringing - I've got an eASLRB in HTML and PDF form on my netbook but I really do need to bring the full ASLRB with me plus QRDC.

Adding in the PTO boards and the Japanese/Chinese OBs, I'm really starting to struggle with keeping everything in the one small utility case. (If I could have afforded a Pilot case, it would have been easy to have it as Carry-on. I dread losing luggage with my ASL gear, clothes are easily replacable, PTO stuff not so much.)

So here's what I'm actually bringing:

  • ASLRB
  • Boards 34-39
  • Overlays
  • Japanese and Chinese (pseudo-planos x 2)
  • RB mapsheets
  • System Counters (2 small pseudo -planos)
  • Soviet Counter mix to do the RB scenarios (in baggies)
  • German Counter mix as per above (baggies)
  • Scenario Folder for the minis and RB
  • Action Pack 6
  • SK boards for the minis scenarios where possible.

Most of this should fit in my carry-on laptop bag which has the netbook, adaptor plug, headphones, camera and some basic stationery - I may be a geek but I still like to write things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment