Friday, October 14, 2011

An 800lb gorilla

Counter Storage
Sometimes deciding on the method used for counter storage can be a meta-hobby unto itself. Does one go with Hozan, Raaco, Plano, Matchboxes, Ziplocs or Fort's low profile tray solution or will it be head-explodey time as per usual when I have to make a decision?

As someone who doesn't own a car or motorised transport and as I don't have the room to play ASL at home as yet (SWMBO is enthusiastic that new house will have a dedicated room* set aside for not just ASL but miniatures), I have particular requirements for Travel ASL kits, especially as ASLOK is going to be a biennial attendance for me (more on that later) from 2013.

An ASL Travel kit for international travel of necessity will be much more streamlined in scope than for domestic travel by train and bus.

With regard to the varying types, I can buy Plano here at the local K-mart for around AUD$8 per 7301 but to be honest, I'm past Plano as a solution. I have a modest ASL collection compared to some, but I have enough to do three separate comprehensive sets in terms of counters:

Home set: Hozan B-50s



Domestic Travel: Raaco Handibox


International Travel: Box-Box


What I think will happen is that my home set will feature a mix of all three anyway, so I'm only kidding myself if I even contemplate selectng a single option to begind with.

* I'm thinking more along the lines of complete basement/ground floor but haven't told her that's what the building plan allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment