Friday, October 14, 2011

Feeding the addiction

There are times when you just have to go "Stuff it!" and spend money on ASL crack. I just saw that Operation Chariot is now OOP (but I have my copy), so I have made damn sure that I don't miss out on Cholm. in case it goes OOP as it may well do, given the more familiar subject matter in terms of Eastern Front as opposed to one off large scale commando raid.



Of course this probably wouldn't have had the same sort of impact if I hadn't also snuck under the pre-order wire for a copy of Crucible of Steel from Bounding Fire. I effectively bought this without any knoweldge of the actual contents other than the subject matter was Kursk, it had a monstrous scenario called "Flying Turrets" and there were multiple sheets of counters, both new and improved reprints from previous BFP modules. Imagine my thoughts when I actually bothered to look at the product info and saw there were 6 freaking mapboards (three of which are double sized) and 32 scenarios.


I didn't even blink at the price either, which shows either I'm addicted (yes) or am still blasé about paying half as much for Crucible as I did for BV in 1986.

I have just realised that I've bought all these very nice examnples of ASL eye candy from BFP starting with Into The Rubble and I'm actually yet to play a single freaking scenario from any of them, whereas Le Franc Tireur have managed to get a few playings out of me inthe last few years , admittedly via the Journal exposure.

I wonder if I could make it a theme to complete 100 BFP scenarios by the end of 2012?

Update: Kampfgruppe Scherer: Cholm and From the Cellar 6 are now ordered, the Cleavinator is ordering Friendly Fire 7 on my behalf and I've pre-ordered Action Pack 8 for us both as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment