Sunday, December 9, 2012

2012 in review Part 1.

2012 initially looks to have been a less than stellar year in my ASL career, given the intrusions and disruptions of an acrimonious resignation, job hunting, settling into a new jopb and the attendant downsides to all this that saw me switch off ASL for 5 months in total, including a three month period where I didn't even want to look at ASL.

However as I look at my number of games I actually played to a conclusion, and the current games I am involved in, it's beeen a better year than I expected. I'm yet to go through the final numbers but I may actually reach my goal of 30 games for the year, which is frightening.

I played 17 different opponents in 2012, but that should be exceeded easily next year when ASLOK will take care of 20 alone.

I haven't done the final tally or looked at the win-loss percentage as yet, howevre apart from the raw numbers, I feel some of my play backslid while other aspects where great. More than a few games went to the wire but I couldn't close, whereas lately some of the games I have been playing have been seriously influenced in outcome by the dice on both sides.

So not as bad a year as I thought, and still room for a few more games to get finished. Plus I have a few AARs to do for some of the PBeM games I played in 2012, some of which were just full on top ASL experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment