Friday, December 28, 2012

Some Tweaking and Updates for the New Year





ASLOK XXVIII

 2013 is the year I return to ASLOK after a three year gap since my initial attendance. It's been a long wait until I could confirm my attendance for 2013, and Pre-registration was my Xmas present to myself. It helps that Kirsty has signed off on attendance for 2015 and 2016 as well, so I'm all set for ASLOK XXX and the subsequent 30th anniversary ASLOK as well.

Now all I have to do is generate a decent and attractive playlist so I can maximise my chance of games. There are a few ASLers I have promised games against, and I am looking forward to those games in particular.


New Blogs

I've had a quick look around and added a couple of Blogs to my blogroll:

Firstly Davide Bendazzi's Wargames Journal . I played Davide in a game of FrF30 Biderman's Escape which despite some appalling rules gaffes on my part (RST Tanks firing MA and CMG while CE, anybody?) was a superbly enjoyable game. Check out Davide's well crafted AAR when you have a moment.

Secondly, Lauchie from Scotland's Snake Eyes blog. Have a visit, let him now he is not alone out there in Blogland and even better, see if you can arrange a game.

New Stuff

I've ordered a few more HASL packs from overseas, surprisingly mostly from Critical (mis)Hit, but I feel pretty confident I will get value out of these, particularly as they were at reasonable prices courtesy of Mike Dean at Fine Games.

2012 Games

 I'm hoping to finish off my game with John Knowles this coming weekend, and hopefully I will get one more VASL Live game completed before the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment