Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Great End to a Fine Year

In the end, 2012 worked out pretty darned well.

I ended up playing 36 games in total, one more than I had thought. I may have only won 7 and finished the year off with three losses in 24 hours but I played a hwole bunch of people I hadn't played before and for once played more Live VASL games than PBeM.

I picked up two Grails: King of the Hill and Journal 3, caught up on 95% of the releases from ASLOK XXVI and XXVII, plus finished the scenarios of Journal 7, most of Journal 8 and even started on Journal 10.

All this and taking two mental health breaks totalling 7 months away from gaming.

And as the header pic may show, I'm enjoying the opportunity to not take wargaming too seriously, thanks to Scott Holst for introducing me, via the Cleavinator, to Girls Und Panzer. I foresee a new catchphrase being used when trolling for opponents on Gamesquad: "Anyone up for some Tankery?"

Plus I just love the whole Over the Top concept despite not being a huge Animé fan at heart.

I hope you all had a good 2012 ASLwise and look forward to meeting you across either the virtual mapboard or Face to Face at ASLOK XXVIII where I may even have a few 1/100th scale models of the tanks from Girls Und Panzer to show off and give away.

Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment