Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being greedy will come back to bite you...

I sent off my latest movement log for AP42 Frontiers and Pioneers, and in my greed to get a point blank rear shot at Joe's KV behemoth, I needed that extra MP to stop , sure enough the ESB roll at +3 (+1 for the extra MP, +2 for pre-Vorsprung Durch Technik German automotive excellence) ended up a 5,6 : Immobilised! Well at leats i'm in the location I wanted to be, sadly the Panzer III will be out of the firing line for the rest of the scenario. Considering I've already ESBed without consequences 4 times in the game, I was due for a fall.

Oh well.

No major updates to report, but the weekend's close so the live VASL game may well finish this time around.

Pete

2 comments:

  1. Oh the pain of such a move, of course if he turns the ship around you really are buggered. ASL for me stands for Another Scenario Lost, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Close, although since I've got back playing, i'm winning around 50% of my games against better players, and I lost a lot of very close games at ASLOK which actually imnproved my game no end, to the point I feel comfortable playing the Cleavinator. If I keep playing on the current curve I should offer a pretty tough match in about 6 months. I still play on gut more than foresight, so my games are generally speedy.

    ReplyDelete