Monday, November 14, 2011

WO2 Failure to Communicate AAR (in progress)

John Knowles and I are working our way through the Winter Offensive scenarios (or rather we were going to, John's changed his mind) and this is where we're up to.

The Start: 
Turn 1: I think I made a cardinal error in this game at the very start by not creating a schwerpunkt and also by overly deploying. Yes it's all about building control, but it's also about massing fire on points of resistance, and later in the game, I find it hard to generate enough firepower against high TEM defenders as well as occupy buildings.

Turn Three:
Turn 3: John's armour has been of little worth, up north the tankettes effectively vapourised in the face of ATR and LMG fire (a common theme when John lets me loose with LATW in early war scenarios). John has taken the Minefield OB option which I was actually okay about as the lack of any other armour or ATG apart from the starting 25mm and Pan Pan frees up my light armour a little bit.


Turn Five:
Turn 5: I've KOed the Panhard, the ATG was decrewed then overrun, thereby allowing me to get in position to attrite his southern stronghold. I still need to clear the board 42 building complex (there's only a concealed leader in there) but i am now seeing the result of death by the half-squad coming back to bite me. Force Preservation in this has fallen by the wayside, and it will be touch and go as to whether I can get the 5 buildings, especially as I'm now at 14 VP so can't afford to lose two AFVs.
It's now John's turn and his reinforcement squad and a very valuale leader will make a difference. I wouldn't mind finishing the WO scenarios via VASL Live if possible, and I do have one slot available on weekends.

Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment